Saturday, November 24, 2007

GOAL - nice try!

My very first movie in Chandigarh - Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal! I went with one of my colleagues AG to watch this movie. Though I was not expecting something great from this movie, but it being a sports movie, I wished it has the energy and humor to hold me there. Well it didnt fail me on any of those two fronts. The one-liners used are cheeky and definitely laughable.

But the two things that I didnt like about this movie are:
1. The 'Billo' song. I guess this was not at all needed in that sequence. At least the location of the movie, London, should have been taken into consideration. The fleshy (can be read as flashy too!) song was completely out of the place.
2. The second point which this movie is trying to sell is British vs South Asians (particularly India and Pak). Why? Why do you need that point to movitate an individual (John) who is already motivated and professional. This was done not once but twice - first when he was being pulled in SouthHall club from Aston and secondly when he ditched SouthHall and joined a new club (the Porche was ravishing for sure!). There were other convincing ways, like the way Bipasha argued saying that he was going against the ethics and sentiments of the people. That was acceptable, but not the color of the skin stuff. Moreover, the point to be noted (which was stressed in the movie too) is that John was born and brought-up in London itself!!

Overall in conjunction with the English Premier League going on, this movie is definitely one time watchable!

No comments: